Friday, January 1, 2010

What 2010 has in store

I don't believe in getting excited over the arrival of 2010 or any new year for that matter. It's simply a change in dates. Like 2009 becoming 2010. No big deal.

No booze, parties or countdowns will actually remove problems we faced in the previous year. On the larger scale, the world is not improving. The economy is not showing any signs of improvement. Wars are still being fought for reasons not known to many. Political leaders are still making false promises to citizens naive enough to believe them for the umpteenth time. Our government in particular, is...well, let us leave at that. No point in trumpeting our lack of achievements. 1 Malaysia is nothing but a political jargon designed to distract our minds from the pressing issues like how on earth can our Royal Air Force operate with missing engines?

Perhaps we can make resolutions. But what happens when the resolutions merely become another victim of unachieved targets or shattered dreams?

For me, 2010 is hopefully a year where I can confront my issues and think of new ways to solve them. Yes, the word is 'hope'. Maybe that's why people are excited over new years. Because there is a sense of hope of what new things may bring.

I know I'm rambling nuisance but what the heck...Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment