As my friend puts it, I’ve not blogged for eons. For those who actually read my friendster blog, they would know that my old blog is akin to a resting place without a tombstone, dead and forgotten (but just in case you are a new reader, I will try to link my old blog once I’m technologically fit to do so. In the meantime, I just have to rely on well-wishers’ kindness to show me the ‘how to’.)
Back to the issue at hand, I do not know how that happened. Honestly, I love to write. Writing gives me more pleasure than talking (if you’re my friend, you’ll believe this!). Talking is merely uttering words in fleeting moments while writing is capturing those words for eternity to be reflected and remembered. Aaah…can you just sense a ‘but’ is on the way? But unfortunately, I’ve been bitten by the lazy-bug syndrome far more often than I would have liked. There were many times when events happened and every single time, I would feel the urge to write about them. I wanted to remember things that made me happy, post pictures that captured certain moments in my life or rant about stuff that may be trivial to others but leaving me with a load of emotions I could not express. As you can see for yourself, that didn’t happen. At the same time, I would read (or stalk, as my sisters put it eloquently) other people’s blogs and glad (or envious) that while I was being lazy in watching life slipping by, some of us are seriously taking the effort to record snapshots of their youth and life.
With that in mind, I know we’re reaching the end of 2009. Initially, I thought of starting afresh with 2010 but then again, it may be like my previous resolutions, aimed but not achieved. So, why not start the beginning at the end? And I could do with a small but personal resolution that this blog (or entry) is certainly not the beginning of the end. It will take a considerable effort on my part but I hope I’ll be more conscientious in blogging (I am not however, claiming that I will be able to blog on a daily basis. Let us start with ‘weekly’, shall we?).
If I can’t share my life’s epic journeys (yeah, am in dreaming mode here) with you, I could at least try to give those who bother to read, a glimpse of snippets of my life.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment