Woke up early and headed to the nearby Fook Yuen shop for my breakfast. Although I was not keen to eat hotel food (at the rate of RM9 for standard breakfast set), I ended up spending more at Fook Yen. The reason? Instead of choosing simple toast with kaya for RM1 plus, I just had to buy myself fish and chips. Along with my iced Milo (I have to confess…their Milo could possibly be the best I’ve ever tasted), breakfast set me back by RM10 plus or so.
This was also the day of JJ’s church wedding to Rachel. Ariel had said that he’ll pick me up around 11 and we’ll go to the church together. Seeing that I have ample time, I walked to Centrepoint Sabah for the initial test run. I’m proud to say that I did not buy anything despite the big SALE posters and PRICES MARKDOWN everywhere in the mall. Well, the fact that I don’t like to shop while feeling that I’m being rushed is another good reason for me not to buy anything.
Ariel swung by around 5 mins to 11 and once I entered the car, he nonchalantly said that the wedding should be starting anytime soon. I was like ‘Really? I don’t like the idea of being in a bridal procession or worst, entering the church after the bride’. Luckily, the Sacred Heart Church was not that far away and by the time we parked the car, we could see the bride was getting ready to enter the main hall.
We snuck in, threw a wave at the waiting groom and waited. Oddly enough, I don’t think there was anyone else from MU in that church. Suffice to say, the hall was packed with relatives of the happy couple. I was very happy to have had the chance of attending a Christian wedding service because although I profess a different religion, I found the service to be beautiful. It was solemn but at the same time, joyful. The only part I found rather amusing was that guests were provided with a detailed programme book which was akin to the script. Well, I enjoyed it because as a non-Christian, I got to anticipate what was to happen next.
We took pictures with the newlyweds and Ariel dropped me off at the hotel before rushing off to office. I could have chosen to stay in my room but decided not to. Instead, I made up my mind to see what Centrepoint Sabah has to offer and probably take a stroll along Warisan Courtyard.
Stomach was feeling hungry so I headed to McDonalds along Jalan Api-api for a quick lunch. I then got a phone call from Auz saying that the three of them were nearby and asked whether I wanted to lepak with them. I replied yes and not long after, I was joined by Auz, Wan and Pozi. I persuaded them to go for a stroll along Warisan Courtyard and managed to have a quick spin in the Filipino Market (I made a mental note to return another day for shopping. Alas, that will never happen). If the guys had their way, it would be another day spent in CC (cyber café for short).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment