You called for me that fateful day
Perhaps you saw that I was alone
I wanted to leave, you asked me to stay
You joked that even in fear, it must not be shown
I was happy and smiled without end
Because I knew I’ve found a friend
You called for me in those youthful years
Wherever we went, we were never apart
In times of grief and seasons of cheers
Read books which we thought made us smart
I sat with you when you couldn’t stand
Because you are my friend
You called for me even as adults
We met for lunches to cling at lost times
You seem to have changed, through nobody’s fault
Happily living with baby and rhymes
I continued to struggle, knowing hope is around the bend
Because you’ll be there as my friend
I called for you out of the blue
Hoping you’ll be around come what may
When only silence passes through
I knew you had chosen to turn away
My heart bled, my trust shattered beyond mend
Because I thought you were my friend
I wanted to leave, you asked me to stay
You joked that even in fear, it must not be shown
I was happy and smiled without end
Because I knew I’ve found a friend
You called for me in those youthful years
Wherever we went, we were never apart
In times of grief and seasons of cheers
Read books which we thought made us smart
I sat with you when you couldn’t stand
Because you are my friend
You called for me even as adults
We met for lunches to cling at lost times
You seem to have changed, through nobody’s fault
Happily living with baby and rhymes
I continued to struggle, knowing hope is around the bend
Because you’ll be there as my friend
I called for you out of the blue
Hoping you’ll be around come what may
When only silence passes through
I knew you had chosen to turn away
My heart bled, my trust shattered beyond mend
Because I thought you were my friend

No comments:
Post a Comment