When I was a lil’ baby
Everything appeared to be so easy
All I need was my Mama
To be treated like a Godsend diva
Abah was then a workaholic
But he’ll come running at one tiny prick
When I became a toddler
Things got even better
I learnt early from Mama how to spell
Little words like mouse and bell
I would read and even sang
Although ‘bawang’ became ‘bayam’ with a slang
When I grew up as a kid
We once had ‘Nasi Ayam’ as a lunch treat
Parents joked that I should pay for it
I said ‘Yes’ even with fidgety feet
My precious 10 ringgit then flew away
I was so shaken, they paid me back that day
When I was a cute young girl
It was life in a fantasy world
I dreamed of castles and princess
Wearing beautiful gowns and dresses
We watched lovely Snow White together
Or so Abah thought as I went into slumber
When I became a school student
New subjects had to be learned
Languages and words made it so awesome
Numbers and digits were just plain gruesome
Mama would sit with me for homework everyday
I want to escape but she’ll just look hard and said ‘Stay!’
When I find myself as I am today
Those memories appear like blooms of May
Abah and Mama have since aged with grace
Together, they have had a family raised
If someone should ask later, is my life well-spent?
I’ll just answer rightly, that’s what it meant
All I need was my Mama
To be treated like a Godsend diva
Abah was then a workaholic
But he’ll come running at one tiny prick
When I became a toddler
Things got even better
I learnt early from Mama how to spell
Little words like mouse and bell
I would read and even sang
Although ‘bawang’ became ‘bayam’ with a slang
When I grew up as a kid
We once had ‘Nasi Ayam’ as a lunch treat
Parents joked that I should pay for it
I said ‘Yes’ even with fidgety feet
My precious 10 ringgit then flew away
I was so shaken, they paid me back that day
When I was a cute young girl
It was life in a fantasy world
I dreamed of castles and princess
Wearing beautiful gowns and dresses
We watched lovely Snow White together
Or so Abah thought as I went into slumber
When I became a school student
New subjects had to be learned
Languages and words made it so awesome
Numbers and digits were just plain gruesome
Mama would sit with me for homework everyday
I want to escape but she’ll just look hard and said ‘Stay!’
When I find myself as I am today
Those memories appear like blooms of May
Abah and Mama have since aged with grace
Together, they have had a family raised
If someone should ask later, is my life well-spent?
I’ll just answer rightly, that’s what it meant

No comments:
Post a Comment