Sunday, April 18, 2010

Finding the right pair

I drove my parents to Subang Parade today (in a desperate bid to break the Sunday monotony. I do realise that I prefer to spend the weekends at home but there are times when one suddenly gets the urge to head to the nearest shopping mall and today was such a day).

Having left Abah at his most comfortable spot (either Speedy or the sofa set in front of Speedy), Mama and I strolled in and out of Parade's shops. Alright, if you do not know this fact before this, let me tell you a lil secret. I've recently become somewhat a shopaholic. Although I have not exactly reached the level where I can converse with the mannequins, I do weaken at the four letter sign (read: S.A.L.E.) And without realising it, I've collected a fair collection of shoes, handbags and whatever that a person of the female gender requires. Well, the story started with having the need to get a pair of sandals and before I knew it, it became a classic search of finding the right pair. I'm still searching for the perfect pair of sandals/shoes and along the way, I've found the good ones, the better ones, the expensive ones, the affordable ones and yes, even the painful ones (but heck do they look good!). In the process, I learn how to manage my depleting bank accounts, discovered the art of juggling expenses (especially when it comes to end of month) and yes, the heartburns when the credit card bills arrive on my doorstep and the digits seemed to be longer than I had expected, haha.

Anyway, I'm proud to say that I did not buy anything major today. Mama bought two pair of shoes (which is amazing considering she rarely buys shoes nowadays) and I settled on a few picture frames which were incredibly cheap. I mean, those frames were made of solid wood and were on 50% discount! Before I knew it, I took four of those multiple picture frames with the determination of finding the appropriate pictures to be inserted and time to actually put them up on the walls =)

But there were just so many things that caught my eye today. The b.o.n.i.a handbag which Mama agreed was attractive months ago and btw, costs a cool half K is still around with a 20% discount tag on it (mental note: perhaps I could get it when my current handbags are spoiled). There was also this black canvas handbag from Guy Laroche which was pretty cheap (considering the brand) and could be a great travel companion for my travels (did I say I'm headed to Australia this August? Good reason to buy. I could stuff everything inside without worry=p). Sandals were aplenty with various designs from the different brands. While trying them out and imagining how the colour would match some of my outfits, it took sheer determination to return them to their shelves with the consolation that there's either something wrong with the heels or the general design altogether (they should still be around in a few months' time though. Either that or they could be cheaper or the brands would have better designs). While I know I have at least 5 pairs of working court shoes, it did not stop me from trying out the shoes on sale. My stand is that one can never go wrong with black shoes so what's the harm of trying out (and buying more) black shoes? Haha...my friends would lecture me over this.

That is why I felt so proud of myself today. I came, I saw and I stopped myself from buying anything that remotely resembles shoes or handbags! And seriously, I even tried this pair of sandals which costs around RM500, felt good wearing it and sigh, had to put it down. It was either the price or Mama giving me the glare and the 'you better not buy that pair unless you're meeting the Agong' signal from across the shop. But then again, I bought 3 pairs of shoes yesterday (from my outing to Pyramid) which if I may put up a defence, were incredible bargains from good comfortable brands.

Well, perhaps I could make a resolution not to buy anything else until I'm in Australia. Until then, I've to keep the RM on closer watch so that I have more AUDs later =)



No comments:

Post a Comment