Today's lunch was at Souled Out ("SO") in Hartamas with 2 colleagues and 2 pupils. It has been ages since I've stepped into SO, the last could possibly be in year 2007 when I was doing my pupillage. Although my visits to SO have been few and far in between, only one thing comes to mind and keeps me hankering (secretly) for SO. Their Chocolate Haagen-Daaz milkshake is to gain weight for. Settling for one glass is sinful considering you should at the very least, swallow two glasses' worth of chocolate milkshake.
Lest I am accused to hold an affinity for these kind of restaurants (believe me, there are just people out there who like to use this as an ammonition against me), we ended up in SO because a colleague had suggested it. Today's Friday and given the longer lunch hour and the smell of weekend wafting ever so strongly (yeah, right. Forgive the exaggeration. I could not help myself), we were up for something good and different for lunch. The feeling was so good that no one was caught cursing while we were stuck in a traffic jam on our way to Hartamas. If it was any other day, I wouldn't be surprised if expletives are generously served all around.
Complete with a WRX driven by my colleague, we arrived at SO just a few minutes after 1 p.m. Honestly, I never thought the day would come when I would be caught sitting in a sporty car that comes with those additional thingies attached to the boot (see how ignorant I am when it comes to sporty cars? I'm sure there are specific names for the parts that I've just mentioned. For now, let's just settle with thingies, shall we?) or exhaust pipes that reminded me just how high our road humps can be. I could feel the sudden shockwaves to the spine as the car made its way on the bumpy roads. Suffice to say that I will not be ordering any sporty car any time soon.
The crowd was quite big based on what we've discovered to be the onset of the Oktoberfest. Coincidentally, SO is the place to be for the event which will start today at 7 p.m. Even when we were having our lunch, we could see a couple of Gweilos kitted in those cute outfits ready to provide special Oktoberfest Friday night music. But then again, I didn't really pay attention to them because I'd rather concentrate on my spaghetti marinara (which is just, I've to repeat this many more times that what is written here, to die for) and my perennial Chocolate Milkshake. The combo didn't really work because I was left feeling a bit uncomfortable (perhaps it's the richness of the spaghetti colliding with the milky drink in my little tummy) but hey, I was greedy. I wanted to have both so no complaints about that. Others settled for carbonara or lasagnia and washed down their meals with a glass of beer and mineral water.
The only thing that dampened our mood was of course, the thought of having to go back to our desks and computer screens. While the driver sped her car (leaving us, or me, grasping the sides of our seats for dear life) on the highway, one smarty pants was even toying with the idea of taking emergency leave or medical leave to jumpstart the weekend. Am sure a heavy lunch or Friday afternoon will never be a good reason to fall under 'emergency' or 'medical' and we never managed to find out. It was work as usual until 5.30 p.m. when the general mass exodus (usually, in a discreet manner as bosses would still be in their respective rooms) occurred.
So why am I still here in office blogging this entry when Friday evening has officially started? Believe me, I do ask myself this question time and time again. Obviously I am not doing what I'm supposed to do but the thing is, I'm still in front of the computer when other people are already on their way to enjoy what's left of Friday and the weekend.
Enough with the blogging. I've to leave office now to meet my friends for a nice dinner (mental note: No spaghetti) before watching Charlie St. Cloud. One of my friend told me that the movie is a sad movie so I do not know whether it's wise to pack a couple of tissues in my handbag for extra measure. Well, I'll blog about the movie if I'm up for it or have the time to hog my house's computer which is pretty much next to zero. I may be following the same group of friends for a short sojourn to Malaysia's southern states over the weekend.
I know my weekend will be a hectic one (which could be in certain circumstances, a nice change) and here's wishing you all a good weekend. Enjoy it because Monday will surely come, haha. Sorry about the last part, could not resist it =p

No comments:
Post a Comment