The legal firm which I'm working for, will be moving to our new office premises tomorrow. That will be the day where most of us (except myself and MAO who are unfortunately stuck with Court matters) will -
(a) abandon our usual (read: boring) get-up and settle for the casual look; and
(b) flex our muscles (if any) and direct the movers to get the stuff safely from the old office to the new place. Were you thinking that we'll flex our muscles by lifting those heavy boxes? If you answer was yes, think again. Doubt anyone who rates typing on the keypad as a form of exercise will turn into a Hulk in a day =p
As I told MAO, the feeling is a mixture of everything. There's happiness (perhaps because we will be closer to the restaurants in Solaris Mont' Kiara. Hence, there are more options on how to spend Friday night and flatten our wallets in the process), anticipation (to see how our new office will look like. Forgive the kaypohchi-ness, will you?) and yes, a tinge of sadness at leaving the place which, despite it's notorious peak hour traffic mess and parking problems, was my 'home' for the last 3 years. Heck, I even said goodbye to the man who runs the western foodstall when I reached office at 5.30 p.m. today.
I've said goodbye to Fish Tank in an earlier entry. Now, it's time to bid farewell to the office itself (or what is left of it) with the pictures below.
(a) abandon our usual (read: boring) get-up and settle for the casual look; and
(b) flex our muscles (if any) and direct the movers to get the stuff safely from the old office to the new place. Were you thinking that we'll flex our muscles by lifting those heavy boxes? If you answer was yes, think again. Doubt anyone who rates typing on the keypad as a form of exercise will turn into a Hulk in a day =p
As I told MAO, the feeling is a mixture of everything. There's happiness (perhaps because we will be closer to the restaurants in Solaris Mont' Kiara. Hence, there are more options on how to spend Friday night and flatten our wallets in the process), anticipation (to see how our new office will look like. Forgive the kaypohchi-ness, will you?) and yes, a tinge of sadness at leaving the place which, despite it's notorious peak hour traffic mess and parking problems, was my 'home' for the last 3 years. Heck, I even said goodbye to the man who runs the western foodstall when I reached office at 5.30 p.m. today.
I've said goodbye to Fish Tank in an earlier entry. Now, it's time to bid farewell to the office itself (or what is left of it) with the pictures below.
Picture taken from what used to be our firm's library. If you noticed the door by the wrapped sofa set, that's the door that leads to our working area.
There are other pictures (taken in between breaks of packing stuff. Talk about multi-tasking) but hmm...let some pictures remain hidden from the seeing eyes (if there are even people reading this blog in the first place).
May take more pictures of the new office once we've settled in. Note the word 'may' =p
May take more pictures of the new office once we've settled in. Note the word 'may' =p

I'm reading! Happy moving :)
ReplyDelete