Do you actually think that my recap of Kota Kinabalu would end with the wedding reception? Sorry, that's not the case (especially if you consider or know how long winded I can be), haha.
Back to the story...
We finally said our goodbyes to the happy couple, I think, around 11 plus. Wine was still being poured into glasses but other guests had already called it a night. Ariel had to send Mary off so there goes my transportation. I had no choice but to wait around while the rest of the guys decide what they want to do next. Eventually, they did decide to go somewhere and I just followed one of the cars.
The funny thing was that I expected them to drop me off at my hotel. Obviously, it was close to 12 a.m. when we actually left the hotel and by the time we reached the city, almost half an hour was gone. Yet, the guys in the car I was in made no mention of that and I soon found myself in front of Rumba. It's apparently one of the popular clubs in KK. Since we arrived earlier than others (read: Hairul, Ridzal, Auz and me), we waited for the rest to arrive. And to my surprise, only Ewann's car pulled up and out came Ewann and Kush. Somehow, Wan, Pojie and Sahidin have decided to sleep instead of drinking the night away.
Honestly, I felt that moment was very surreal. Here I was with total strangers (to be fair, I did not know anyone except Auz. They were my seniors in university but it was either I have not spoken to them or they have actually left uni by the time i stepped into the faculty) heading to a club. At that point in time, I really wished that Sahidin, Pojie and Wan were around. Heck, even Ariel was not around. At least, if they were there, the situation wouldn't have been awkward.
And awkward it was. Imagine one girl entering the club with 5 guys as her entourage. If I was a rich kid, then they would have been my bodyguards, haha. So we were led to this one tiny table and the only person I could talk to was seated the furthest away from me. Well, that was not really a problem because the music was exceptionally loud and there was nothing to do but enjoy the music, drink and watch people flail their limbs. I'm not a clubbing sort of person, friends would attest to that but surely, there must be a better experience than to be stuck with 5 guys (well, the guys are friendly but hey, I don't exactly blab everything to strangers).
After what must be hours listening to loud music (I was ready to confirm that I had become partially deaf), the guys finally decided to head home and happily, I headed towards Hairul's car. Ah, but another event awaited me. Auz, with all his eloquence, said that Hairul is staying the night with them at their place so Ewann will be sending me back to my place. Auz must have read my bewildered expression (that of an item being passed from one person to the other) and said loudly "Don't worry. He's gay!"
Notwithstanding the parting comment from Auz, I had no choice but to follow Ewann. And if the situation in the club was awkward, well, this tops it. I started the ball rolling by thanking him for agreeing to send me back to the hotel. He said no worries and then I realised that I'm riding in his car without having the courtesy to introduce myself first. Yikes.
So I introduced myself simply as 'Raja' (there's no point in saying out my full name) and to my surprise, he replied "Yeah, Raja Syarafina". Wow, I was almost floored. Not many actually knew my name and managed to pronounce it correctly. When I got hold of my tongue back, I told him that I've heard about him from others so that was how I got to know his name.
He started asking the basic questions like when i entered university. I replied '2003. Probably that's the reason why I do not know you in person' and he kept quiet. Little did I know that he was actually still in uni back then and any other person would have noticed him. Haha, I believed I may have accidentally delivered an ego-bruising punch somewhere! Even if he felt offended at my innocent comment, he was nice enough not to show it and continued with our conversation. We finally reached my hotel and after thanking him again for the ride, I was ready to hit the bed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment