Sunday is usually my 'let's stay at home and do nothing' day.
Unlike Friday night which one would feel up to do anything or Saturday where there's a sense of relief of having another day before Monday, Sunday is well...the prelude to Monday blues. And how did I spend today's Sunday?
Woke up early as my self-imposed punishment for not doing laundry yesterday. Obviously, if I was lazy to do laundry on a Saturday, it necessarily means my Sunday morning is gazetted for the ever thrilling laundry-related activities. For these moments, I wished I have 10 white shirts and 10 black bottoms (be it skirt or pants) hanging in my closet. That way, I would be able to put my laundry on hold and still have my trade clothes for the coming week!
Once I was done with laundry, I thought I would have the rest of Sunday to laze around. And that freedom was really important because I spent my Saturday accompanying my parents to visit few of my paternal relatives. Well, humans plan and God decides. My grand Sunday plan was not to be.
Abah was suddenly inspired to have our Sunday breakfast at Shah Alam's Tesco. And since Mama and I had no better venues to suggest, we just followed along. With Abah at the wheels and me having left my GPS sitting comfortably at home, what was supposed to be a minutes drive to Tesco turned into something else. Let's just say that with one wrong turn, we would have found ourselves on the way to Bukit Jelutong and some God forsaken areas. During the hunt for Tesco, we managed to see most sights of Shah Alam before we actually spotted Tesco's familiar blue and red signboard! And that fact is itself pretty funny because Tesco is so close to the federal highway. Perhaps it was our own folly for choosing to use the Glenmarie instead of paying a few extra bucks for toll. In any event, you won't see my family and I in any Amazing Race episode for sure.
By the time we reached home, it was close to 2 p.m. Barely an hour later, my parents then decided to head to Carrefour as we didn't buy anything in Tesco. I ended up following them and we had our tea in Dominos Pizza. I was craving for KFC's cheesy wedges but since Abah was addicted to Dominos' garlic twisty bread, Dominos is the answer. Tea was followed by a round of grocery shopping, reducing me to a sense of helplessness.
Surely there must be better ways to spend a Sunday than turning into an 'ahjumma' right?
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment