Woke up this morning at 10 a.m., a far cry from my intended 8.30 a.m. It's a bit of a dampener to think that almost half a Sunday is gone while I'm still tucked under my comforter.
But then again, I only started to sleep at 4.30 a.m. Went to bed at 1 a.m. but the head felt as if some invisible forces were banging it for all it's worth. Unable to sleep, I spent the next 2 hours or so turning restlessly for a position that would alleviate the pain. That idea did not work. Tried switching on the tv and E! came out. Even that was not a good idea because of the constant flickering of lights from the show that seemed to aggravate my pain even more.
I had no choice but to reach out for my Ponstan. Popped a pill and before long, I was fast asleep.
With my recent bout of headache, it made me wonder whether the body is trying to tell me something. Health wise, it has not been a good month. First, there was the bouts of dizziness. I would feel unstable when I walked, as if the grounds were bent on making me fall. I could not get up without feeling a sudden 'whoosh' and I had to stay still for a while before making the next move. Even when I was lying down and closed my eyes, the head made me feel as if the entire body is floating around in circles.
Went to the doctor and he said that I was suffering from vertigo. Funny thing is, I've never had vertigo before although I know several people who had or are suffering from it still.
Next episode of health was after my return from Australia recently. I do not know whether it was accumulated fatigue (as my friend puts it, my body just broke down) or food poisoning. What I knew was that during a dinner meet at a hotel, I was eating from my first plate (containing measly helpings of my usual favourite dishes) when I felt really funny. Went straight to the restroom. What I thought as the little burp wanting to escape turned into a violent gush of throwing up. So unexpected was the vomiting that I did not manage to aim it properly into the toilet bowl. I shall not delve deeper into the visuals because it is, in one word, disgusting. And for someone who rarely vomits (I swear, there could not have been more than 2 episodes in the past), that moment felt like I could not control either my stomach or my throat. Both parts of the anatomy were working together in flushing out everything I've taken upstream. I was merely the puppet or conduit between them and the toilet bowl.
I returned to the dinner meet and tried to put a normal front. Obviously, I couldn't tell the rest of the party about the episode. For the rest of the dinner, I only drank plain water and ate some plain sushi. Yet, I found myself rushing to the loo once more and again, I was reduced to a conduit. Threw up and to my amazement, the stomach continues to pump out what ever that was left in my stomach. My aim was better this time around so less time was needed before I left the loo.
As a matter of precaution, I took home several plastic bags from the hotel's fnb section. My bosses queried as to why I was taking home the plastic bags but I just said I needed it. My parents came to fetch me because they were afraid of the possibility that I might just throw up while driving. That night, I slept with a small bucket by my bed in preparing for the sudden urges to throw up.
In total, I threw up for another 3 times in the wee hours. And by the end of it, it was just water coming out. My stomach was already exhausted but somehow, it had the determination to continue pumping out nothing.
Finally, my voice became affected to what I think was because of the vomiting.
Enough with the health episodes. Am now waiting for mama and abah to bring home my kfc meal.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment